- Doing Town Business
Parking on Fort Myers Beach
Parking spaces are monitored seven days a week including all holidays. Beach and Street Enforcement (BASE) personnel look for expired time limits, overtime parking, and parking violations (i.e. parking in the wrong direction.)
PARKING FEES AND RESIDENT PASSES
Effective January 9, 2023, parking and thus parking fees $5 per hour resumed after Hurricane Ian that caused extensive damage throughout the Island on September 28, 2022.
As more people and businesses have started to return, regulating parking has become necessary. The two-hour time limit is removed though parking fees will continue to be collected per hour and violations will be ticketed.
We will enforce paid parking, island wide in all Town marked Parking Areas, including beach accesses.
A limited amount of parking has been restored in the Town after Hurricane Ian that hit on September 28, 2022.
- Under the Matanzas Pass Bridge in lots 1-4;
- In the Downtown area including Old San Carlos Boulevard, Center Street, and Estero Boulevard;
- In the parking lot at the Waistina Way beach access on Estero Boulevard just south of Crescent Street.
- We are in process of adding additional spots soon. Stay tuned.
The residential/business parking permits have been reinstated after Hurricane Ian. All expired permits MUST be renewed
Residents who no longer have a prior year parking pass will be able to receive a new one. Residents who need a new parking pass can come to the Town Hall temporary complex at 2545 Estero Boulevard to receive one.
Cost: Residential - $25; Business - $50 (tax included)
Pay by Phone App
The Town of Fort Myers Beach uses the PassPort Parking app powered by Passport. The Town collaborated with PassPort Parking for the mobile parking app for a simpler way for drivers to pay for their parking sessions. Drivers can also use the app to:
- Monitor their parking session
- Extend time remotely (except where there are time limits
- View payment history
- Receive email receipts
The Passport Parking app can be used to pay for parking on the go without having to dig for coins or bills. Passport Parking is free to download through the App Store or Google Play. Users can also manage parking at ppprk.com.
Town parking zones are: 2390, 2391, 2392 and 2393. Please select zone and space number accordingly.
Please note: Lynn Hall Memorial Park near Fort Myers Beach Pier is owned and maintained by Lee County and payment at this paystation will not constitute payment for a Town of Fort Myers Beach parking space.
- On the sidewalk
- In the wrong direction (against the flow of traffic)
- In a handicapped space without a valid permit
- In a fire lane
- In areas officially marked as prohibited
- In any space not designated as a parking space
- On any street or road not designated as a parking space
Cost: Residential - $25; Business - $50 (tax included)
Pay parking violations online HERE Version OptionsParking on Fort Myers BeachHeadline Parking Violations Parking Violations Parking Violations Parking Violations Parking Violations Parking Violations Parking Violations.
Note: There is a non-refundable transaction fee of $3.95. This fee is charged by the financial service provider. The Town does not receive any part of this fee nor is your credit card information stored in a Town database. The description on your credit card billing statement will be "remit-online." To avoid the convenience fee, you may call (239) 463-5888 to pay over the phone or by mail. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To contest a violation or for payment information call (239) 463-5888. If you wish to contest a violation, you must do so within 10 business days. An administrative fee of $175.00 may be added to the fine by Special Magistrate. If you fail to pay the fine in the allotted time or fail to appear to contest the violation, the right to contest the violation will be deemed waived and the Town will have the right to seen an order up to the maximum civil penalty.
On April 1, 2015, Beach and Street Enforcement moved to Town Hall at 2525 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, Florida 33931. All parking tickets can be paid over the phone or in person at Town Hall. For further information or to pay by phone, please call (239) 463-5888.
The Town implements registration holds on anyone with three outstanding parking violations or one outstanding handicap violation. The process for recipients of a parking ticket is:
- A parking violation is issued and must be paid within 3 business days; after 4 to 10 business days, there is an increase in the fine; and after 10 business days a final increase in the fine is assessed.
- After a month of being delinquent, a courtesy letter/reminder is sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- After the second month of delinquency, a second courtesy letter/reminder is sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- Beginning August 15, 2017, pursuant to Section 316.1967 (payment of parking violations) the Town will be implementing the Florida State Department of Motor Vehicles registration “hold” process, which places a hold on vehicle registrations for three (3) outstanding parking violations or one (1) outstanding handicap violation. The hold will remain in place until the fine is paid in full at Town Hall and proof is given so that the hold can be removed. No additional fee is assessed by the Department of Motor Vehicles to clear a vehicle registration hold.
The best way to avoid getting a parking ticket is to be aware of where you park (make sure you are legally parked) and read the instructions on the parking signs. Should you have any questions or problems, contact BASE at (239) 463-5888 during business hours, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., seven days a week. This number is also on each paystation and parking meter.