The Cultural and Environmental Learning Center Advisory Board (CELCAB) was formed in 1999 to oversee the Mound House. In 2006, the Town Council incorporated the development of Newton Park into the CELCAB mission.
Both the Newton estate and Mound House properties were acquired with state grants from the Florida Communities Trust and adhere to similar objectives and interpretive goals to manage and promote the cultural, historical, and environmental resources of Fort Myers Beach.
At this time, CELCAB meets quarterly on the fourth Thursday of the month at 3:00 pm in Council Chambers at Town Hall. Refer to Town's calendar for meeting dates.
*Meetings are subject to change; please refer to the calendar of events for scheduled meetings.
- Barbara Hill, Chair - Term Expires: October 2024
- Betty Simpson - Term Expires: October 2024
- Cherie Smith, Vice Chair - Term Expires: October 2024
- Kerrie Henderson - Term Expires: October 2024
- Ellen Vaughan - Term Expires: October 2023
- Becky Werner - Term Expires: October 2023
- Lorrie Wolf - Term Expires: October 2023