Marine Resources Task Force
The Marine Resources Task Force exists to promote stewardship of our marine resources. To stop further damage and to rehabilitate Estero Bay and its surrounding waters, including all wildlife, plant life, and air and water quality. To bring Estero Bay and its surrounding waters – including the Estero Island shoreline – to the point that they will continue to be the driving force of our economy, sustaining the quality of life in cooperation with all whose livelihoods or lifestyles depend upon the health of Estero Bay.
A general poster advising residents and visitors of "Dos and Don'ts" is available here. The Marine Resources Task Force has also developed a "Guide to the Town of Fort Myers Beach Beachfront Ordinances & Regulations for Visitors & Residents." A copy of this brochure can be found here. Additionally, copies of this brochure can be found at Town Hall and at various locations on Fort Myers Beach. Information about Estero Bay "Pole and Troll" seagrass protection areas is available here.
The committee meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 4:30 pm at Town Hall.
*Meetings are subject to change; please refer to the calendar of events for scheduled meetings.
- Mary Rose Spalletta- Term Expires: October 2019
- Gregory Holmes- Term Expires: October 2020
- Patty Feste- Term Expires: October 2019
- Bill Veach, Chair- Term Expires: October 2019
- Justin Paulauskis - Term Expires: October 2020
- Shannon Mapes- Term Expires: October 2020
- Steve Johnson- Term Expires: October 2020
Town Council Liaison