Athletic & Fitness Programs
Bay Oaks Recreational Campus Virtual 5K Resolution Run
Rules and Regulations
What is a Virtual 5K?
The Bay Oaks Recreational Campus Virtual 5K is a great way to stay active during the Covid-19 Pandemic. You are able to run or walk the 5K at your own pace and on your own time. During the week of January 1st - January 7th, you will run your race wherever and whenever best suits you. You can run on a treadmill, in your neighborhood, on the beach, etc. Anywhere you want to participate in this event, you can! Throw on the provided 5k t-shirt, go to your spot, and get moving! Follow these few steps to set you up for success for the event:
Before the Race:
• Sign up before December 11th to have a spot in our first ever virtual 5K
• Fill out the Registration Form and submit it to Nicole.Berzin@fmbgov.com
• After signing up call the office, (239) 765-4222 to schedule a time to pick up your 5k t-shirt
• Pick up the shirt during your assigned time and get ready to run or walk your 5K
During the Race:
• You can run or walk the 5K wherever and whenever you choose during the week of January 1st - January 7th
• Don’t forget to wear your 5k shirt while participating
• Take pictures and videos before, during, and/or after the race to submit for our social media
• Remember to social distance. Don’t run/walk in large groups, and take any precautions you see fit while participating
After the Race:
• Submit any pictures or videos you take to Nicole.Berzin@fmbgov.com to be featured on our social media
• Keep an eye out for us to announce the winner of the raffle prize on January 8th
All proceeds will go toward the Bay Oaks Recreational Campus Youth Sports and Programs.
If you have any questions please email Nicole.Berzin@fmbgov.com or call 239-765-4222
Current Weight Room Hours
PLEASE NOTE: CDC guidelines due to COVID-19 still apply. Masks are required to walk into and through the building.
Social distancing and hand washing are also required.
Bay Oaks weight and cardio rooms are open by reservation for up to four people at a time:
Monday: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m./6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., last reservation taken at 1 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. - last reservation taken at 2 p.m.
Reservations must be made at least two hours in advance by calling 239-765-4222. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
The grounds at Bay Oaks, tennis courts and pickle ball courts are open for use in accordance with CDC guidelines, including wearing masks in any outdoor space where social distancing is not possible.
Weight Room Costs
Daily: $5 Adults, $3 Children (12 and under)
Weekly: $15 individual, $30 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Monthly: $20 individual, $40 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
6 Months: $30 Individual, $55 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Annual: $45 individual, $85 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Free sports can be played outside as a drop in:
- Pickleball (outside two courts) Usually there are a few players in the early part of the day.
- Senior Softball on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 am. There are always at least a few seniors playing at this time.
Fitness Room (Weight Room)
- The fitness room features a Smith machine, numerous individual strength machines and a variety of free weight dumbbells and weight bars, and a 50” TV.
- The separate cardio room features three treadmills, two ellipticals, and one stationary bike.
- In addition to the fitness rooms, members can participate in drop-in basketball, drop-in volleyball, drop-in pickleball, senior softball, and bocce ball.
- Members also receive a discounted rate on our many different fitness classes offered throughout the week.